Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Committed to care-giving

Peris Dama is committed to care-giving. She has cared for others since she was a very young woman. Her father recognized her gift for wanting to help others. “My Father told me, “you have it in your heart to help.” 

Always Best Care in Raleigh understands this essential component of care-giving. We recognize that while many skills can be taught, this gift of having-it-in-your-heart to help must be present first.
We are pleased to honor Peris Dama as a woman who embodies this quality.

Peris originally worked with special needs children as a teacher in her native Kenya. It was there that she acquired the professional attitude that she brings to Always Best Care. “If I can bring about a positive change, even if it is just a little, I feel like I’ve succeeded.”

Her clients regularly benefit from her exceptional service. “When I have finished all my duties, and I have some extra time I ask; "Can I help you with something else?” She also makes sure she understands her clients' preferences. "Whether I am ironing a shirt or making a sandwich, I ask "How would you like this done?" "I know how I would iron a shirt, or fix a meal, but I want to know how 
my clients would like it performed."

In addition to her work, Peris pursues her studies in nursing. 
When she is not working or studying she enjoys wearing her colorful Kenyan dresses to church.


No comments:

Post a Comment